Thursday, June 25, 2009

Bittersweet


Bitter.
* China-bound cub. Dropped him off at LAX this morning *sniffles* He'll be spending the month of July in Shanghai, in an effort to improve his Chinese. Excited for him, but forlorn for me. And Beans!! It's not right when we're not together. We're a family.

Sweet.
* My mommy. She's in town!!!
* Newly discovered blogs like THIS one. Love the photos. Love the illustrations.
* Letterpress Class in San Francisco! Madge took one a while back, and I've been wanting to attend one ever since. I came across Jordan Ferney's class when surfing Joanna's blog and signed up immediately.
* Puppetry class at UCLA. (See photo above. My classmate, Justin with his demonic puppet)
* Sydney, Australia. Airfare is affordable, so le cub and I will be going in mid-August... just before his return to corporate America. All Sydney travel tips welcome. I've never been!
* Lala-land renter no more! Come fall, I"ll be moving into one my parents' old apartments located in Burbank. The unit is, however, currently in poor condition (having been rented out for 15+ years to a crazy hermit), so new wood flooring, kitchen tiling, appliances, cabinetry, lighting, and bathroom pieces are being put in. And ooh... we're also battling termites and rats. But hey, the unit will be so-fresh-and-so-clean when I ultimately move in. Photos to come.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails