Monday, July 16, 2007

Two Thumbs Up


Caught a showing of "Transformers" last Friday with Pams. Two thoughts. One, those folks in Hollywood are amazing. How did they do that? Two, why'd they let Optimus Prime live? (Woops, was I suppose to post a spoiler alert?) The boss dies in the animated feature film, so why not stay true to the cartoon? Damn Spielberg probably wants to milk the franchise for more money. And I, sadly, will, like a lemming, find my way to the theater for Transformers, Round Two. Sucker!

Ever listen to the music of Nya Jade? Yeah, well, me neither -- that was, until this past weekend. But you totally should! I caught her at the Rockit Room on Clement this past weekend, and she was amazing. She's like a blend of Sade, Tori Amos, and Regina Spektor (if I most compare). A talented woman. Was invited to the musical showcase by a friend who's friends with her hubby, "Mr. Lieb" aka founder of Evite. Neat-o.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails