Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Fashion's Night In

 One my many fashion idols. Alexander Wang's niece, Aila :)

To my husband, Labor Day marks the transition from summer to fall. To me, it signifies the start of my favorite season to shop for and ooh-ooh-ooh, let's not forget Fashion Week! My fingers can't refresh the Style.com website and Garance Dore's blog quickly enough. Seeing all the cool kids stomping around ol' NYC in deliciously creative outfits from the comfort of my pajamas whilst in bed is one of my favorite past-times. With Olive in tow, I knew that I wouldn't be able to make it to any boutique parties on Fashion's Night Out. Who am I kidding? I'm so socially awkward, I would never have made it out with or without my lil' monster. But armed with a laptop and internet connection, I can do some serious damage. Miniature lumberjack me, be gone! This mama needs new pieces!

Little black waffle jacket by IroOui, please! The texture! The leather trim. What is love? THIS is love. Hunter green suede pumps by Rachel Zoe BFF Brian Atwood. Taking them! In these, my legs will look as if they go on for miles. Is that even possible when you're only 5 feet tallTheysken's for Theory Frigi flared pleated shorts. Need! Worn over black tights, I'm going to look so Katherine Hepburn goes downtown. Equipment Diem contrast collar blouse. Effortless. So-Garance. Flare-legged jeans by Elizabeth & James. Done. Move over skinny jeans, my cankles deserve to breathe. Phillipa paisley tunic by A.L.C. The cut is so feminine and lovely. RAD message tee by Zoe Karssen. Nike Dunks in navy suede. Elizabeth and James Centinela glasses in tortoiseshellAnd the piece de resistance? A Stella McCartney Bryce wool and cashmere coat in navy... 

Ahhhh... Whoever said that money can't buy happiness, simply didn't know where to go shopping. (Pearls of wisdom borrowed from the mermaid herself, Bo Derek.) I'm so happy, I'm glowing. Am I diseased?

Hubby, if you're reading this, I love you. Life is too short to look ugly. 

And if you're still steaming, please read THIS:


“He’s always asking: ‘Is that new? I haven’t seen that before.’ It’s like, Why don’t you mind your own business? Solve world hunger. Get out of my closet.” ― Michelle Obama






No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails