Thursday, January 04, 2007

(Mis)education

I've been reading this fantastic book titled "The Know-It-All" by A.J. Jacobs and have been learnings lots of random information. ("The Know-It-All" chronicles the author's hilarious, enlightening, and seemingly impossible quest to read the Encyclopaedia Britannica from A to Z.) Some of the knowledge I've accumulated thus far?
1) Rene Descartes had a fetish for women with crossed-eyes.
2) Dogs have a third eyelid to protect the eyeball from irritants.
3) Abalones have 5 assholes.
Yes, if y'all must know, I do feel smarter with each chapter devoured.

3 comments:

madge said...

Fascinating!

Now let's ponder life with not one, two, or three...but five assholes...

I would be totally cool with it if I could eat more...but if I ate the same and it was just divided five ways, well, where's the fun in that now?

.......... said...

I agree. Five tiny turds doesn't sound as satisfying as one huge one. I kinda' like the non-stop ice-cream machine effect that occurs when enough fiber is consumed. Hmm. I think I've shared enough for the day.

madge said...

I have never laughed harder.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails