Saturday, April 28, 2007

Spinster City


Received a care package in the mail from my dear cousin, Jen. I think she's worried about me, but she needn't be. Enclosed: a cupcake recipe book, a cute magnet, gummivites (!!!), and a copy of the book, "The Bridal Wave-A Survival Guide to the Everyone-I-Know-Is-Getting-Married Years." Huh. A must-read!

An excerpt from the introduction written by co-author, Valerie:
"This book is not about getting a man, keeping a man, or marrying a man. This is about keeping the crazies in check." Hmm. Is she referring to me? True, everyone around me seems to be getting married, and true, I've been living in fear of the fact that I just might die alone--or worse, be eaten by Beans. Rrright. I think I better start gobbling this shit down.

2 comments:

madge said...

Your cousin is a gem! If you make any of those cupcakes, I want to see pictures! And you are just far too sassy to be headed toward Spinster City, my friend.

.......... said...

My cousin *is* a gem. Am planning to bake cupcakes this weekend and will definitely be photographing the baked-goods. And ooh, the book o' recipes is even shaped like a cupcake :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails