Sunday, October 08, 2006

Trouble


Illustration Friday entry. Topic: Trouble
One of the fondest memories I have of my childhood is one involving my my dad and a giant cookie. I had come home from class one day having tasted "the-best-cookie-ever." A classmate's mother had baked us chewy peanut-butter cookies, and I desperately wanted to recreate the delicious treat. Always eager to please his favorite (read: only) daughter, my father offered to bake with me. Mind you, he's one, Chinese. And two, a man. The odds were against us from the start. Upon reaching the point at which cookie dough had been created, my father, not wanting to spend unnecessary time scooping and shaping each individual cookie, suggested that we bake one large cookie as opposed to many mini cookies. Not knowing any better, I thought, "This man is brilliant. This man is genius. The bigger the cookie, the better!" Yet what ultimately resulted was a colossal failure of a baked-good--burnt on the outside and raw on the inside. Apparently trouble comes to those who attempt to be too clever...

11 comments:

tusen said...

:D lovely picture and a lovely story too.

Michelle Lana said...

love the little girl! love your characters
and your style a lot! great work!

ELLA ELVIANA said...

LOL, nice story.. and the illustration is fittingly humorous... hahah. great!

steve said...

Ha ha! This is a great story and I love the batter on her face and of course the little baker-bot!

Jeannetto said...

Nice piece, I love the guy's mustache.

madge said...

I thought, "This man is brilliant. This man is genius. The bigger the cookie, the better!"

So. Cute.

Anonymous said...

I loved your entry today, too cute.

Anonymous said...

lovely illustration and story!

atelie said...

hahaha! Great story and love the illo too!

murphy girl said...

oh well, a ruined cookie, but a great memory forever!

Unknown said...

Lovely drawing. Its got a very retro look!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails