Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Dunce

Spent the weekend catching up with old friends whom I neglected during my first year at Anderson.

Caught the highly-anticipated "Sex and the City" movie with worthy "Sex" viewing companion, Koo in San Mateo and was *WARNING: SPOILER!* disappointed, no, by Carrie's final decision to end the glorious saga with her decision to fall back into the arms of the fickle-hearted and undeserving Mr. Big.

Had drinks with Moy and fellow Yahoos at Bay Area douchebag central, Medjool's and the cute-but-smokey Rosewood Lounge. Followed up drinks with cheap and greasy dim sum in Chinatown the next day. Alcohol is great when washed down with pork buns.

Shopped with "le cougar cub." We picked out gams for his friend, Billy's upcoming wedding in Minnesota. A seersucker blazer from J.Crew for le cougar cub($32.50, tax included!)and a turquoise, chiffon cocktail dress from Barneys for me (also on sale, but not quite $32.50). Ended the evening with a viewing of WALL-E. Our first movie (in a theater) together. Aww.

Sunday morning was spent brunching at my favorite bakery, Tartine. Le cougar cub, partial to savory breakfasts, enjoyed his quiche while I inhaled the Tartine morning bun. Afterwards, we drove out to Berkeley for a change of scenery. Cougar cub took me to the Takara sake museum out in Berkeley at which we went sake tasting. A first for me :) We then met up with Dai and Emily at Ici on College Avenue for homemade ice-cream.

The weekend was topped off with good conversation and company over sushi at Shimo with le cougar cub, my cousin, and my Anderson bff, Mr. Lynch.

Time flies when you're having fun.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails