Monday, May 25, 2009

Action-Packed


I've been in Los Angeles for nearly two years now, yet I don't think I've covered as many touristy activities during all my time here as I did over this one weekend. Minnesotan sweetie, Mai (or "My Mai", as I like to call her), was in town, so le cub tried his very best to play tour guide.

Santa Monica was a must-see:
1) The Pier (Mai wanted to trapeze, but le cub wouldn't join her...)
2) The Promenade
3) Farmer's Market (I bought a bag of THE sweetest grapefruit I've ever tasted)

All of the West Side became a must-eat:
1) Bar Pinxto for tapas (white shrimp & bacon wrapped dates... yum)
2) Joan's on Third for brunch (breakfast tart, yay!)
3) Huckleberry for more brunch (Maple Bacon Biscuit!)
4) Park's for authentic Korean BBQ (marinated kalbi & seafood pancake)
5) Sprinkles for delightful cupcakes (RVC, baby. "RVC" = red velvet cake)
6) Anisette for dessert (lavender ice-cream with meringue and berries)
7) Pinkberry for what else? Pinkberry!

We even made time for extra-curriculars:
1) A drive down Rodeo and Sunset - "Look, Mai! That's the Pretty Woman hotel! Ooh, Mai! That's where Lohan gets wasted")
2) Dancing at Air Conditioned
3) Hiking at Runyon Canyon with Beans (Mai wanted to scope out the Hollywood sign).
4) Strolling along the Hollywood Walk of Fame (home all sub-par street performers and celebrity imitators)

A fun-filled weekend spent with fantastic company. I probably should've been spent working on my film, but... Could've, would've, should've. This coming week is going to be all-nighter-filled. Oh boy.

Safe trip back to Ohio, Mai. And ooh, Beans misses you already. He really does.

2 comments:

Mai said...

Thanks to you, le cub, and Beans for an awesome weekend!!!!!!!!!! It was great! I have to exercise more with all the food that I ate!

kimberlina said...

d00d, la seems so awesome right now! one day, i'll get out there. one day.

tamps seems so bland now!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails