Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Belated Adieu


"eat it, eat it / if it's gettin' cold, reheat it / have a big dinner / have a light snack / if you don't like it, you can't send it back / just eat it." - weird al yankovich

As a person, Michael Jackson was a tad strange for my liking. But as an artist, he was, no doubt, a genius. I've been a fan for as long as i can remember. As a child, i ate up his music not knowing what any of the lyrics meant. Seriously, "Billie Jean is not my lover..." Whaaat?!?

Two unforgettable concerts (even my Ma went) and one band performance for the undisputed King of Pop... (In high school, our band was hired by the Grand Regent Hotel to "serenade" Michael upon his arrival in Taipei, Taiwan - he was on his world tour. Unfortunately, he ended up entering the hotel from a back entrance. pity. I think that may have been the only time I REALLY practiced my clarinet...) Fond, fond memories.

May you rest in peace.

2 comments:

Gerald de Dios said...

Cute lil' wormy!!!

.......... said...

aww, shanks ;)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails