Monday, June 15, 2009

Great Expectations


One of my favorite writers is a gentleman named Dave Eggers. He wrote A Heartbreaking Work of Staggering Genius - a book I'd picked up from the shelf solely because of its ridiculously-long-and-self-praising title. The memoir is a masterpiece (at least to me), and I highly recommend it to anyone with a wee-bit of extra-time on his/her hands. Anyhoo, Eggers' latest project is a screenplay he cowrote with his wife, Vendela Vida... and the movie for which this I'm-assuming-is-magnificent screenplay is for Away We Go... a movie starring none-other than SNL alum, Maya Rudolph (the cub and I love her), and The Office stud, John Krasinski. Oh, and did I mention that Sam Mendes will be directing this lil' summer flick?

I cannot wait.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails