Sunday, June 28, 2009

Downtown


Spent my Sunday living it up in downtown LA with my college bf, Kathy. (WHO, by the way, recently scored a script rewrite! Hurray for Hollywood! Hurray for "Mama"!!! That's what I call Kathy...)

OMG, what fun we had! Our recession-friendly day began at the Fashion District. No, the Fashion District is not a mall. It happens to be the section of downtown LA that many Melrose boutique frequent for their wholesale goods. Several years back, Kathy and Koo (another pal) discovered the wonder that is "F.D." and they've never paid retail since :) Anyhoo, "F.D.", as we like to call it, is no Barneys. It's run by hard-working Mexicans and Koreans and boasts a ginormous assortment of tacky garments and accessories. But ooh... treasures can be found by the patient! I liken the experience to thrifting...

I returned home triumphant.

80s-prom dress? Check. I've got an 80s-prom-themed party to attend in July. Kathy invited me. I'm going for a Madonna vibe. Only I don't think the Queen of Pop ever owned a diamond encrusted white tiger pendant with matching earrings...
bodacious bondage sandals ? Check. I love that they aren't knock-offs of any known brand. You'd never guess that they only cost $19.99. Can't wait to wear them to Sydney!

Speaking of lunch, I finally got to eat at Nickel Diner. AMAZEBALLS!!! Read my review HERE. I'm definitely going back.

Such a wonderful day spent with wonderful company.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails