Saturday, August 05, 2006

Poor Thing


I realize that half the point of keeping a sketch blog is to motivate myself to draw daily; however, yesterday, I just really needed a break! So instead of the usual meal of sandwich/Whole Foods take-out/homemade fried-race after work, I grabbed dinner with some gal pals at Fuki-Sushi in Palo Alto. Good times! As usual, there was crying at the dinner table. But these were tears of joy (from laughing too hard)--not of sorrow...

Anyhow, I thought I'd mention Fuki's only because today's posting is kind of sushi-related. This octopus with a boo-boo was painted for a friend of mine following an evening spent watching my all-time favorite episode of the popular "Iron Chef". Octopus was the theme ingredient that evening, and boy, was this episode exciting (almost as exciting as it was disturbing). Live octopi (unsure if that's the correct plural form for octopus) squirmed for their lives as chefs whacked the creatures into submission with cleavers! My friend and I sat in front of the television screaming in horror... but neither of us changed the channel. Go figure.

Anyhow, I painted this for her as a housewarming gift roughly two years ago. Enjoy!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails