Thursday, August 03, 2006

Self-portrait.

Hello. I've been asked to blog a photo of myself for all the world to see, but I'm not going to do so as (1) I'm shy-- yeah, not really; but (2) this is a sketch blog! But in hopes of satisfying the very few number of people who are aware of my online existence, I'm posting a self-portrait I did following a trip to Paris two years ago. A good friend of mine and I had stayed at a centrally-located place called "Hotel de la Tamise" and I had likened the hotel's elevator to a Batcave feature. Upon our arrival, the concierge pointed us towards what looked like a fireplace and told us that this fireplace was actually a teeny-tiny elevator! (It could fit two people, one duffel, and nothing more.) As we rode the elevator up to the 4th floor (we were staying on the 5th, but for some odd reason, the teeny-tiny elevator did not work beyond the 4th floor), I felt like Batgirl...traveling through a secret passageway within the Batcave. (But ooh, FYI, my favorite super hero is not Batman/Batgirl/Bat-whatever. I'm a Peter Parker fan. Go Spidey!)

2 comments:

mr.ed said...

me gusta este! it's a painting?
cool-cool

Ken said...

Wow. Debs, Peter Parker AND Batman? You'll have to ask your lovely cousin what those two mean to me one of these days.

That is an AWESOME self portrait! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails