Thursday, August 24, 2006

Last Minute Rambling

"Just a small town girl, living in a lonely world..."
Hehe. Sorry. It's just that Journey's "Don't Stop Believing" has been running through my head all morning. And strangely, I'm not fighting it. In fact, I'm kind of enjoying it.

So ever hear of the "latte factor"? I once had the luxury of catching an episode of Oprah in which she discusses author David Bach's claim that you don't need a lot of time or money to make a million dollars. If you save five dollars a day, you'll be a millionaire in 41 years. And you could be a millionaire in 34 years if you save $10 a day! (His book: The Automatic Millionaire) David points out that we can find this money in what he calls our "latte factor," the money you spend everyday on things like fancy drinks and eating out. Yes, well, perhaps that's why I'm still no millionaire. I refuse to eliminate my daily guilty pleasure, the Starbucks caramel macchiatto. But seriously, if I lived in New York, perhaps I'd actually consider doing so! Just now I made a coffee run to the Starbucks across from my little brother's apartment and discovered that the price of a tall caramel macchiato in SF versus the price of the same drink in NY is $2.90 to $3.79 (tax included)! Ouch. Me so lucky me live in the Bay. Er, that's me as Cookie Monster. Sorry. Am a bit delirious as I've been up all night. Unable to contain my excitement as *somebody* is going on a trip. Say what? Say who? Say MOI! Say YAYs!!! (Dude. Poor Tiff is going to be stuck with THIS for the next two plus weeks. Sigh.)

And ooh, a couple more parting remarks (in the case that I go "kaboom"):
Jonathan: Thanks for housing me once again. And even more importantly, thanks for lending me your iPod. Your playlist is soooo good. I mean it! Can't wait to share it with the girls in Mykonos. The Parents: You two are completely unware of this blog's existence. However, in the case that I go "kaboom," Danny will probably show this to you. Love you two lots. Pams: "Everyone sucks and I hope they all get fat!" Wahaha. I meeeeess you already! Wish you were coming along for the ride. This trip won't be the same without you. Just so you know. The Manfriend: Watch the Fuzz. Spoon the dog. Lots of love, Yeti. Happy Wang: Be wary of raccoons. They're the devil reincarnate. Everyone: Hugs all around. *sniffle* It's just so hard to say good-bye. BYE.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey bella i wanted to drop by and say ciao

.......... said...

ciao! i wish i were in milan. with you. at the marni outlet.

Anonymous said...

Really loved your sait. Well done.

http://ringtones.freehostus.net/
[url=http://ringtones.freehostus.net/index20.html]free reggaeton real ringtone[/url]

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails