Sunday, August 20, 2006

PuHaHaHaHa!

Last night, accompanied by Russell Peters fans Wino, Will, and Jim, I went to catch Wild 94.9's Comedy Jam 2006. Over 20,000 people were in attendance, and their presence was made obvious as Will attempted to get us in and out of the event parking lot alive. (Talk about a scary crowd. Everyone there was huuuuge!) But parking nightmares aside, the evening was so much fun! I laughed so hard, I "pulled a Winona"! (Note: To "pull a Winona" is to laugh to the point that you start to cry.) A Shoreline Amphitheater virgin, I had no idea that the event was to take place outdoors... Dressed in a thin white eyelet tunic--so not what one is supposed to wear to a Comedy Jam hosted by Bay Area's Party station--I was freezing. Luckily, deep-fried, blubber-inducing foods were made readily available. Winona and I feasted on the straight-out-of-the-fryer Gordon Biersch garlic fries. Talk about yummy! But enough about the over-priced refreshments, and back to show. Lisa Lampanelli's act aside (the woman's act was more crude than it was funny), the line-up was fantastic! But my hands-down favorite was Carlos Mencia. My stomach hurt the entire time he was on-stage. It hurt because I was laughing too hard. Will definitely be back in 2007!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails