Monday, March 09, 2009

Day After Christmas Blues


That's how I'm feeling today. I always look forward to my cousin's rare and much-sought-after visits in the same way one might look forward to Christmas. My cousin Jen, a resident at the University of Pennsylvania, is one of the most intelligent and hard-working individuals I've ever met. She rarely has time off from work, so every moment I get to spend with her is always deeply cherished.

Anyhow, us bone-heads had ourselves a grand ol' time on the West side this past weekend (our parents insist that when we get together, our IQs are halved). We brunched with yuppies at Joan's on Third, stimulated the economy via the mall ("I want to go to there!"), watched Confessions of a Shopaholic, and then stimulated the economy a little more. Hold the applause.

This weekend was such a high that I'm now feeling kinda' low. The fun is over, and I am grieving her departure - as is Beans. Jen is Beans' favorite person in the whole-wide-world. He whimpers with excitement and SMILES when he sees her. Yes, dogs really do smile.

We miss you, Jen.

P.S. The "I want to go to there" remark was made by the lovely Tina Fey on one of my fav television shows, 30 Rock. Apparently the line was inspired by unaccredited 30 Rock writer, Alice Fey. Tina's toddler muttered the line after seeing a commercial for Disneyland on tv. Too cute!

2 comments:

Gerald de Dios said...

So have you managed to find that old TLC CD? Hahaha.

I love how you just add your character everywhere, even in a hamster wheel :D Nice soft colors.

You are right, 30 Rock, great show.

.......... said...

So I creep, yeah... keep it on the down low... something something goes to show - oh..... oh.... so I creep...

Hmm. I better find the lyrics as well.

Love 30 Rock. LOVE.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails