Tuesday, March 31, 2009

I Want to Go to There



And I did!

Looking back at the 3 gigs worth of photos I took in Morocco, I cannot believe we (the Moroccan crew of James, Jen, Tiff, Nancy, le cub, and I) accomplished as much as we did. Although we did not have enough time to make way to the Sahara desert and Fes, *sniffles* we did, however, get to spend a good amount of time checking out the charming seaside village of Essaouira, the beautiful landscape of the Berber village, Imil, tucked away in the High Atlas mountains, and of course, the hustle and bustle of the heart of Morocco, that is Marrakech.

What came to a surprise to us all was that Morocco had so much to offer in terms of culinary delight. From lamb to pigeon, we ate it all! Once I post the photos of all that was devoured on My Tummy Smiled, y'all will know what I mean. Moroccan-French cuisine has so much to offer. Sweet, savory, full o' spices. Luckily, Tiff, Nancy, le cub, and I, having taken a fancy-shmancy cooking lesson at La Maison Arabe, know how to recreate at least one of their staples, the chicken tagine.

More to come about the trip. In the meantime, enjoy these pics! (Morocco's actually a really colorful destination. Colorful photos to come.)

P.S. For those "in the know," the title of this entry was taken from an episode of "30 Rock" :)

2 comments:

madge said...

photos & doodles alike have been so much fun to look at! glad you had a great time, le petit traveler!

kimberlina said...

did you eat the pigeon head!?! apparently, it makes you smart.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails