Saturday, March 07, 2009

Drop Dead Gorgeous



A couple years ago, when I first moved into my loft in San Francisco, I splurged on my very first piece of original art by a talented individual named John Smiddy. I was head-over-heels in love with his mixed-media work then and am still deeply enamored by the piece I purchased years ago today. Check out some of his work HERE. (Though I must say, the pieces are so much more fabulous when seen in person!) I was lucky enough to get a hold of "51".

Anyhow, the reason I'm posting about his work now is because a year ago, towards my final year in business school, I was able to catch a screening of the animated short "Symphony" at UCLA. Watch the short HERE. It was like seeing Smiddy's work set to Vivaldi... Ink swirls moving in space. OMG, omg, beautiful. Well, guess what? Now that I'm enrolled in the Animation Workshop at UCLA, I'm a classmate of the brilliant animator behind "Symphony"! Erick Oh (that's his name), is in his second year. I'm still in my first.) Check out his full body of work HERE. So incredibly talented.

Just thought I'd share.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails