Monday, July 20, 2009

Le Petit Voyage


This past weekend spent in the Bay was much needed. I hadn't been back since last November, when le cub took me for my 29th *gasp* birthday.

I was particularly productive this time around. The trip wasn't all about wining and dining. *shock*

Highlights:

1. Lunch at the Ferry Building. I used to live in the SoMa district and would walk to the Ferry Building on weekends - with Beans, no less, to buy freshly-picked fruit and flowers. This time around, minus the pup, I was able to sit and enjoy a nice meal with birthday boy Will at Hog Island Oysters. The weather was beautiful, and the meal was marvelous! There's nothing like slurping down a fresh, sweet Kumamoto under a clear blue sky!

2. SF MoMA. It's hard to believe that I used to be a member as I feel like I haven't been there in 2+ years! Pieces have been rearranged since my last museum outing, and I was uber-excited that we were able to catch a special exhibition of Richard Avedon, Ansel Adams and Georgia O'Keefe's works. I'm not really a fan of the latter two (the south west just doesn't appeal to me) but my oh my... what I'd give to get my hands on an Avedon portraiture. I particularly liked one he took of a young Kareem Abdul Jabar (aka Lew Alcindor) and a series of shots he took of his own father.

3. Letterpress Class with Jordan Ferney. Adorable gal with an absolutely charming studio. Her Vandercook printer, sooo handsome. This experience deserves its own post.

4. Plumping it up with friends. I had flown up for two main reasons. Jordan's letterpress class and Will's birthday. Turning 30, Will did not want to celebrate. But I think we did a good job of turning what could've been ordinary weekend into one of great gluttony. Hog Island, Maki, Horatu, Hopkins Street Bakery, China Bee, Chef Woo's, Fantasia and Potsticker King... Our tummies never stopped smiling. See photos of our intake HERE.

Pictured: Shady. My BFF's adorable pup.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails