Monday, July 27, 2009

Suburbanite


It's official. I'm officially out in the 'burbs. Kinda. Sorta. Made the move from Westwood to Burbank yesterday, and am surprisingly loving the new crib. Just to give you an idea as to how life has changed...

1) Ghetto grub. I'm a foodie, and well, the nearest gourmet eateries are Subway, Panda Express, The Olive Garden, and Outback. Hmm. On the plus side, the nearest Starbucks is a hop-skip away.
2) Retail for the masses. I used to live in the vicinity of Century City, The Grove, Rodeo Drive, and the charming boutiques of Abbott Kinney. Now I live near Lowes, Marshalls, David's Bridal and Staples. Hmm. Don't be surprised if I start dressing in mom jeans and become a permanent fixture at Lowes.
3) Space. I have so much more space now. I've got guest roomS - yes, rooms with an "s" - yet little furniture to fill the rooms with. Beans' toys have their own room...

Overall, I'm a happy camper. The commute to UCLA is going to be killer, but the smile on Beans' face every evening when I walk him to the park right down the hill is priceless. Photos of our new home to come. I've got a crap-load of unpacking to do.

4 comments:

Gerald de Dios said...

Beautiful stacks and stacks of cupcakes!!!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the new place, Debra! Can't wait to see you and Josh in about a month!

-Jenny

Josh Frost said...

Looks like Gerald and I got a place to stay!! YES! haha

.......... said...

josh and gerald, you both are always welcome in my home!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails