Monday, September 14, 2009

Would You Like Some Grey Poupon?


Last night, I decided to go against every bone in my body and "got me some culture." Some high-brow culture. Alongside my friends Kathy and Coco (and new friend, Ben), I hit-up the Ahmanson Theater in downtown LA to catch August: Osage County. (Tickets available HERE.)

The synopsis (as written by a fancy-pants writer) reads like so:
Written by 2008 Pulitzer Prize-winner Tracy Letts, this grand and gripping new play tells the story of the Westons, a large extended clan that comes together at their rural homestead in Pawhuska, Oklahoma, after the alcoholic patriarch disappears. Forced to confront unspoken truths and astonishing secrets, the family must also contend with Violet, a pill-popping, deeply unsettled woman at the center of the storm.

But what it really was, the play, that is, was a spectacular, scintillating three-and-a-half hour long episode of "Brothers and Sisters" played by actors and actresses less attractive, yet equally, if not more talented, than the ABC cast. Dysfunctional familes are the best. Incredibly entertaining. I didn't think I'd be able to sit through the entire show without wanting to sneak-away for a Kit Kat, but I did.

A fantastic performance by the entire cast, but most notably, Estelle Parsons.

What a night.

Photo: Kathy has made new calling cards (she's a screenplay writer!), and believe-it-or-not, she wanted a doodle of her on it. So very honored.

1 comment:

Gerald de Dios said...

I love your character accepting the award....now watch out for Mr. Kanye West grabbing the mic!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails