Sunday, November 15, 2009

Oldie but Goodie


It's official. I'm THIRTY!

Rather than partying it up this past Friday the 13th, I opted to take it easy *bones creak* and spent the day doing what I do best: shop and eat. In good company, no less! My dearest cousin, "Dr. Lin", flew in from Philly, and together, we browsed one of Los Angeles' most fabulous vintage shops, The Way we Wore. It was our first time there, and definitely not our last. Jen scored a Donna Karan hobo in black leather (circa DK's early years) that was in impeccable condition with its original dust cover. And me? I made out with a vintage necklace that I may actually wear on my wedding day! It cost me $95, but considering the price of the other pieces I've been ogling over, it was a bargain :o)

The night came to a luscious end after Jen and I picked up Josh from Burbank airport and headed downtown for a late-night grub fest. With my belly filled with chill-cheese fries, mac n' cheese, and cupcake, I would later sashay down an imaginary runway back at my apartment for Jen. I modeled the magnificent little black Balenciaga dress I plan on wearing for le cub and cougar engagement photo shoot and then changed into an ivory-colored towel (in place of a wedding gown) paired with what else? The ghetto gold pansy (?) necklace!

Photo doesn't do it justice (it hangs perfectly), but I wanted to share my find with y'all anyway...

3 comments:

madge said...

welcome to the club!

happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you!

JennySRP said...

Sounds like an awesome birthday !I love food and sparkly things!

kimberlina said...

yay for our 30s!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails