Monday, November 30, 2009

Hot Mama


"I'm pretty sure there's a lot more to life than being really, really, ridiculously good looking. And I plan on finding out what that is." - Derek Zoolander.

My dear cousin (and bridesmaid!) Dr.Lin was in the "haus" this past Thanksgiving break, and as mentioned in my previous post, it was with her help that I was able to decide upon a pair of the loveliest pale gold peep toes to go with my wedding gown. It's going to be difficult to resist wearing them when they arrive, for Edward Cullen is to Bella Swan as Debra Chow is to new shoes. (Yes, I just drew an analogy that involved the characters of Twilight. So shoot me.)While we were at it, we took a look at an assortment of cocktail dresses on sale at several large department stores. I'd love to have a second, shorter, easier-going dress to change into once end-of-the-night dancing begins. Nothing caught my eye.

Wish I were teeny-tiny enough to fit into the custom-made cheongsam my mother wore to her wedding reception. (See above.) Gorgeous, no? My mom's waist was a mere 22 inches at the time that she was married! *sigh*

2 comments:

kimberlina said...

you have to wear your shoes a little! definitely break them in, mine gave me blisters!

.......... said...

so you're giving me the go ahead?! wahahaha... *woot woot*

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails