Saturday, November 28, 2009

And They Ate Happily Ever After


Thanksgiving 2009 was a blazing success!!! Le cub and I hosted all my LA-residing relatives in Burbank. We whipped up a turkey with stuffing (I put Ina Garten's fool-proof and incredibly, INCREDIBLY delicious "Turkey Roulade" recipe to use), perfectly creamy mashed potatoes, and a beautiful (if I should say so myself) French apple tartin. And with everyone else chipping in (my aunt and uncles brought yummy ribs, a sushi platter, huge honey-baked ham, steamed veggies and dinner rolls while my cousins brought homemade butternut squash soup, hot apple cider, and pumpkin pie), everyone left our home full and happy.

Post-dinner, all the kids (I may be 30, but I'm still a kid), rocked out to Rock Band. I think my grandma wanted to play. Next time?!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails