Saturday, September 27, 2008

Wide-Eyed


I sat through my first day of class at UCLA's Animation Workshop this past Friday, and boy, was it fun. The renowned Glenn Vilppu is my drawing instructor. How cool is that?!

I was incredibly nervous going in--so nervous that I arrived to the workshop an hour early. I was worried that I wouldn't be able to find my classroom, that I'd be a sub-par student(try bullshitting yourself out of a human anatomy-focused life-drawing session), worried that I wouldn't have anyone to eat lunch with on my first day (packed a few Charms blow pops in my bag thinking I could possibly bribe some peeps to be friends with me), and finally, worried that program heads Celia and Dug would retract their offer to allow me to take classes alongside their offically-enrolled first-years.

But all worries were out the window (well, temporarily) during the hours I spent sketching nude dude "Mike" (from 10:30am - 3:00pm). I felt relaxed and at ease with pencil in hand. There's no doubt that I'm in dire need of further practice (I signed up for additional life-drawing sessions outside of UCLA post-class), but also no doubt that I made the right decision switching programs.

I am very happy.

1 comment:

madge said...

oh, my gosh. it is so adorable that you showed up an hour early to your workshop, with charms as bribes for the peeps.

i don't know how y'all draw the nekkid people. i would blush so red it might make me burst into flames.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails