Sunday, January 25, 2009

Brr!!!


Last night in Circle Pines, Minnesota. Had a fantabulous time bonding with le cub's family. Couldn't possibly forget...

- New Year's Dinner at the Huang's. Mama Huang's cooking was scrumptious. Particularly the yeo fan.
- A long awaited meeting with Joe and Liz. Le cub's brother and his brother's wife. Proud parents to a toothless bunny. An uber-cool couple that will, one-day, give birth to kids cuter than John and Kate's. (Yes, I'm referring to John & Kate of Plus Eight fame.)
- Caribou Coffee. The Midwest's answer to Starbucks and The Coffee Bean. Their Mint Condition is to die for. Broken bits of Andes chocolates are dropped into the beverage! Need I say more?
- Choo-choo. My first time playing Ticket to Ride - with le cub's entire family, no less. Leave it to beginner's luck. Le cub and I (we were a team) won!
- Fit for a First-Lady. And me! Purchased THIS gorgeous dress by Thakoon for Target, er Tarjay. A bargain at $35.99 (tax included as there is no tax on clothes in this great state). Saving it for le cub's graduation... but I may cheat and wear it earlier.
- Friends. Grubbed with le cub's Minnesotan gang at Korean restaurant, King's. Then checked out le cub's friend's newly purchased HOUSE. Houses are so-very grown-up - don't cha' think?
- My favorite grump. Clint Eastwood is so freakin' awesome. I highly-recommend Gran Torino. Grrrrrr.
- Sub-zero temperature. Yet I survived. Hoo-yah!

Good times in le cub's hometown, but am eager to reunite with Beans in LA.

Pictured: Sketch of a caribou from this week's trip to the Museum of Natural History...

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails