Saturday, February 07, 2009

If I Were a Boy



I've been told that boys can be dense, so I've decided to go ahead and voice my heart's desires for V-Day 2009. (Last year, because I was busy dining with girlfriends on Valentine's Day, le cub ran off to Santa Barbara with his boys and didn't return until the following morning! To be fair, he asked me if he could go, and I said, "Sure!" *Marge Simpson grumble*) So drum-roll please...

Dearest Cub,

I have been a very good cougar this year. In order to ensure that my great expectations for Valentine's Day 2009 are met, I am, unabashedly providing you with absolutely unsubtle hints at what I'm yearning for.

Christian Lacroix's Parisian gem would make for a pretty freakin' awesome gift. I'd share it with you, of course.

Too much? Don't have 2.6 million bucks just lying around? Yes, I thought so. Then how about a shop like THIS one. We can run it together back in the Bay. Mom and pop style.

What? You think I'd eat all our inventory? How dare you? Grr... you're probably right. Very well. Lest you find all of the above too much to handle, then I would be equally happy with some smaller tokens of love. A "butter and the cheese" sandwich would be fitting. Because you love "the cheese" and I love butter. A Choo-choo-choose You card from you would also make me smile.

And my wish-list goes on: One See's scotchmallow, one See's walnut square, and ooh, one cub.

Looking forward to getting through midterms week and celebrating Valentine's Day with you.

Love always and always,
Me.

1 comment:

kimberlina said...

ah yes, boys CAN be dense. your letter is so adorable and perfect because seriously, boys only understand definitive statements. no amount of hinting seems to get it done...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails