Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Hump Day


I've just been told that my grandpa, "Aya", the father of my father, is nearing his end. While I realize that death is a natural part of life, it pangs me to think that life "progresses" the way that it does... I suppose there's no point in stating that I wish he could pass more peacefully and comfortably - within the comfort of his own bed, and not one at a hospital...

I wonder if my father is feeling lost at the thought of no longer having a father figure. Parents, even parent's parents, are supposed to be invincible...

On a cherrier note, some pleasant, and appropriately irrelevant discoveries to share:

- "Some are born great, some achieve greatness, some have greatness thrust upon them .....and then there are others." I'm taking an Animation seminar this quarter, and one of the shorts viewed was the claymation masterpiece, Harvie Krumpet. Watch the entire Academy Award winning short HERE. Very charming.

- And in case you missed my previous posting, watch a little girl narrate a picture book about kittens HERE. A guaranteed smile.

- Alexander McQueen's capsule line for Target will be out in March 4th. Music to my recessionista ears.

Pictured: An elaborate doodle from today's class. Drawn with a Bic and colored using ArcSoft.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails