Monday, February 16, 2009

D'oh!


Last night, The Simpsons debut their first television episode in HD, including a freshly tweaked opening sequence. Thoughts? I'm usually for the old-school versions of things, but I'm kinda' digging the sharper, clearer version of my favorite family. Marge is lucky she's animated, because even the teeniest of flaws and skin imperfections can seem glaring under a studio's bright lights when broadcast in HD... I'm just saying.

Pictured: My latest addition to my mini art collection. Click to see the detail. Can't afford an original James Jean, but a couple months back, I went ahead and splurged on the above giclee. It's titled, "The Willow Tree No. 4," and is from Jean's Recess collection. The concept of having the tree trunk bleed like raw flesh is a tad disturbing yet Jean's beautiful, flowing line work puts me at ease... I LOVE this piece, and ended up spending the same amount framing it as I did to buy it. To be fair, the folks at Allan Jeffries did a phenomenal job.

2 comments:

Kevin Harman said...

Cool piece, ick on the intro.

.......... said...

But Gerald, the unibrow baby, is in it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails